Plan Your Visit
first direct arena is the major entertainment venue located in the vibrant city centre of Leeds, hosting live music, comedy, entertainment shows and sporting events.
The venue is operated by ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, connecting people through the power of live experiences.
All times are approximate and subject to change
Venue Safety & Entry
The UK Terrorism Threat is currently substantial this means we all need to be vigilant. At the first direct arena we do lots to keep you safe with some security measures that you can see and some that you can’t. We have detection dogs at our sites, if you see them say hello but remember they are working dogs.
We have partnered with Evolv Technology, a state-of-the-art security screening system that uses AI to scan people in real time so there’s no need to remove items from your pockets or bags.
We ask that you keep personal belongings to a minimum and only bring your essentials. Please do not bring any backpacks or large bags, as these will not be allowed into the arena.
You are permitted to bring small bags or handbags no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm.
There will be no temporary storage facilities for such items within the venue and it will be left to the patron to find a safe temporary facility to hold the item. The venue will not be responsible for late admission or non-admission as a result of this policy.
PLEASE GIVE EXTRA TIME TO PASS THROUGH VENUE SECURITY CHECKS
ALL OF OUR BARS ARE NOW CASHLESS
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED YOUR TICKET ON THE TICKETMASTER APP ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE (TABLET DEVICES ARE NOT PERMITTED)
The following items are not permitted into the arena as well as anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others;
- Backpacks, holdalls, luggage, oversized bags, cushions and any bag larger than an A3 piece of paper (approx 35cm(W)x40cm(H)x19cm(D))
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including liquid products which can be consumed.
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras and professional cameras
- Laptop computers, iPads, Go Pro’s or tablets with filming and recording capabilities
- Large/golf umbrellas
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, Whistles, Cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (Frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant etc )
- Fireworks, confetti or glitter bombs or sprays
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Masks and Helmets
- Large studs and chains
- Clothing that includes profanity, nude or semi-nude pictures or slogans/message that incites or insinuates political themes or violence
- Anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others.
If you have any medical requirements we ask this is communicated to venue ahead of visit for ease of entry.
If you have any specific access requirements or if you need any additional assistance during your visit, please contact our accessiblity team via email at email@example.com
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
For information about our COVID-19 safety measures and entry requirements please visit our dedicated page